Popular Halloween Costumes From the Last Decade
If you need inspiration for Halloween get-ups, here are the most 'boo-tiful' and popular costumes of the last decade:
- Buzz Lightyear--Following the release of Toy Story 3, this costume was a big hit.
- Harry Potter--Superfans celebrated the first installment of the hit franchise with costumes depicting their favorite fantastical wizards.
- Mad Hatter--The live-action remake of Alice in Wonderland made a big impression on audiences, making the Mad Hatter a popular costume.
- Angry Birds--The fun and highly addictive game of birds fighting pigs became a cultural phenomenon and a popular Halloween costume.
- Black Swan--After winning an Oscar in February 2011, the 2010 movie was still on people’s minds, making the macabre ballerina costume a major hit for Halloween.
- Charlie Sheen--After a highly publicized meltdown, this troubled celebrity became a popular subject for satirical costumes.
- Captain America--The blockbuster franchise started a major trend with Halloween costumes depicting the iconic Marvel superhero.
- Katniss from Hunger Games--Everybody loves a strong female character, especially when it involves a modern update on archery.
- Black Widow--A strong female character in the Marvel Universe, this superhero costume was the perfect outfit for channeling bravery.
- Miley Cyrus--Following her jaw-dropping VMA performance the same year, the pop star’s wacky look became a popular Halloween costume.
- Minions--The adorable little cartoons became the stars of the most popular movie of the year, Minions, making it a popular costume for both kids and adults.
- Daenerys Targaryen--For Game of Thrones fans, the fantastical outfit of the powerful queen was a huge costume trend.
- Maleficent--The perfect costume for a sexy and evil look, this Disney villain was a popular Halloween look.
- The Hulk--For Marvel fans, this trendy costume gave them the chance to show off those iconic green muscles.
- Cinderella--The live-action remake of the classic fairytale made this princess costume popular again.
- Donald Trump--Controversial figures are always fun costumes, and with the upcoming election the same year, Trump was a trendy choice.
- Harley Quinn--With her skimpy and sexy version of varsity cool, the Joker’s sidekick became the most popular costume of the year.
- Wonder Woman--A sexy outfit with gladiator-style sandals, this costume was a big trend following the release of the hit DC Comics movie.
- Eleven from Stranger Things--A throwback to early 80s fashion, this costume was a favorite choice for fans of the hit show.
- Spider-Man--Marvel fans showed their love of this iconic superhero with head-to-toe red spandex.
- Tonya Harding--After the biopic was released, the disgraced Olympic figure skater became one of the trendiest costumes of the year.
- Black Panther--A record-breaking action movie, Black Panther cosplay was a major Halloween trend.
- The Joker--Depicting the dark and twisted villain of the Marvel Universe, this costume is expected to be a favorite pick for Halloween this year.
- Agent H & Agent M from Men in Black: International--Be a knight in shining Armani when you dress as the alien-fighting characters from the hit blockbuster franchise.
This Halloween, get ready to look 'spooktacular' in the trendiest costumes of 2019 and the past decade.